Hi! I’m Kylie, a 22 year old philosophy student hailing from North Carolina.
Please email me at email@example.com to request further details. I can provide references.
- Student IT Technician at Appalachian State University Technology Support Services
- Virus removal, data backup, hardware diagnostics, ticket management via Jira.
- Customer service, explaining repair steps taken to customers upon them picking up their computers.
- Known as the only person in the office who knows what they’re doing with Linux, usually
machines running Linux that are having problems get referred to me.
- Appalachian State University (2018-present)
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Philosophy, majoring in Philosophy and minoring in Gender, Women’s and Sexuality Studies.
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (2016-2018, transferred)
- Concord High School (2012-2016, graduated)
Skills & Interests
- Alpine Linux, Exherbo Linux, Arch Linux, Debian GNU/Linux, Windows 10, POSIX Shell/bash, musl libc, s6, execline, name a Unix tool, I’ve probably used it.
- Infrastructure experience
- Jira, GitHub, GitLab, Gerrit, Gitolite
- Minimalist system design, system administration, small systems, efficient use of resources.
Italicized: projects I have contributed to in some way. Embolded: things I’m currently using.
- Core developer, Exherbo Linux (2014-2017)
- Coordinated efforts with approximately 20 other developers via IRC.
- Added support for new platforms such as musl libc, and ARMv7.
- Wrote bootstrapping documentation for new processor architectures.
- Wrote documentation for complex code previously written by others.